Children and Sparkler Safety

Two hands holding a lit sparker

Peak Fireworks now sell “Low Impact Eco Sparkle Sticks” which don’t have the hot metal wire in the middle. They are made with a wooden stick which burns away to nothing. But you still need to be careful with them, of course, just as you would with our traditional metal sparklers. And you should not give any of them to children under 5.

Whatever type of sparklers you have this year, please take extra care. You or your children will be closer to a sparkler than to any other firework. And they can really hurt. Have a look at this ROSPA video for more information.