It’s getting to that time of year again. Remember, remember the 5th of November…
If you are having a bonfire party at home this year, with friends, family and neighbours, follow these five important points.
- Only buy fireworks from a reputable source. Not the guy down the pub. Not the car-boot sale. Not the buy-one-get-three-free rip off merchants. They will only sell you disappointment, and the fireworks may not even be safe.
- Prepare your display in advance and in the light. Work out all your safety distances and stick to them.
- Decide who is going to let the fireworks off. It needs to be a responsible adult who won’t have been drinking, and who wants everyone to be able to go home safely.
- Keep pets indoors, with someone who can calm them down if they get worried by your fireworks (or someone else’s)
- Ask someone to be the safety monitor. They have the final say on anything.
- Yes, we know we said 5 tips. But the last one is to check the other advice here.