The professional firers at Peak Fireworks and Electrify always put safety first. The most important thing in any display is that everyone – the crowd, the firers, and all the helpers – can enjoy the fireworks and get home safely.
It’s great fun to have a small display in your own garden. This is how many of us got interested in fireworks in the first place. The dark, damp evening. Torches. Special food. Neighbours and family. Maybe a small bonfire. And, of course, the fireworks.
So if you are planning your own garden display, take the advice of the professionals, and plan your evening the same way as us.
First things first… look at the site where you are going to have your display. How big is it? Are there any obstacles (like trees or power lines)? Is there enough space to set out the fireworks? Is there anything that could catch fire? Can everyone be at least 8 metres away (or 25m for larger fireworks)?
Consider the neighbours, too. And keep pets indoors.
Only buy from a reputable supplier who is licenced and insured to sell them. Ask them to help you pick the right products. Peak have a great range of products that will suit any size garden. And we will only sell you products that are suitable for the space you are using.
Then follow the firework code. Remember…
- Garden fireworks can only be bought and let off by adults.
- Never drink alcohol if you are letting off fireworks.
- Always read the label and follow the instructions.
- Keep them in a closed box until you are ready to light them.
- Light them at arm’s length using a proper taper or “portfire” then stand well back.
- Never return to a firework – even if it hasn’t gone off.
- Never throw fireworks or keep them in your pocket.
- Never give a sparkler to a child under five. Once it has gone out put the sparkler into a bucket of water.
Have a great Bonfire Night. And always put safety first.